Thursday 30 April 2009

Blind as a bat and cat burglars

Last year I finally gave in and got my eyes tested as over time trying to read things in the evenings was getting more and more difficult until it was almost impossible and i had to hold whatever I was reading at an impossible angle to try and see what it said, squinting the eyes was also a good one as well to make out words. I got up to the mighty age of 39 and than 'bam' glasses. it's as if the eye compensates because a few months ago during day time i could read quite easily without glasses, but now i have to have them on all the time to read or play games. I must admit it is easier on the eye as everything is now not blurred anymore and is easy to read. Not sure if i could do the contact lenses just yet, think I will make do with some sensible glasses and get a spare pair of stupid ones for when the kids start bringing friends home so that I can embarrass them!

We had a cat burglar in the other night and I almost caught him as well, next time I will be ready for him! The back door has been open due to the nice weather and to allow the cat to come and go and I was walking in the kitchen when I saw him lying low trying to hide, but then he saw me and ran for his life but it was to late, Toby was not pleased all his cat food had gone!

11 comments:

  1. I held out until forty before needing goggles. But still I am quite proud of that fact, everyone else in the immediate family had them before the age of ten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest that carrying a pistol will make it easier to repel the next burgular

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank heavens it wasn't one of the burglers who steals cats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It had to happen...sooner or later. Glasses ain't all that bad. Beats stumbling around or fiddling around trying to hold the paper just right to read it.

    Surely not a real human burglar? You mean another cat came in the house?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr Stu I had glasses as a kid so I figure I've done my time ... plus I can see the Sun how far do you want to see?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same Stu, now that I have started wearing reading glasses I can't manage without them at any time of day - the joy of getting old :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. DD - It is a family tradition for all of us to have them in my family as well and I have got to this age so I am the winner up to now, although I have a younger brother so I might have to poke his eyes out so he doesn't win!

    Lerm - Pistols are banned, but baseball bats are still legal!

    Barnesm - No need to steal him I would of handed him over!

    YD - Nope not a human burglar just one of the cats that seem to appear here these days. I like the glasses now they make me look a bit more of an intellect.

    bangarrr - there you go what a great answer.

    Lou - Getting old has it's plus sides and it's downsides, the glasses remind me I am falling apart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i used to think old for men meant balding and premature ejaculation and for women balding and boobs that have dinner partied with your knees...

    then i met a 27 year old that fitted both male categories... so now i figure im not old till im dead...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I have had glasses since I was 10, although I tend not to wear them as much as I used too. Although I get the feeling Im going to need them more..soonish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 39?!! Why, you're still a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where are you?? Haven't heard from you in a few days...

    ReplyDelete