Thursday 28 May 2009

Ups and downs

Not felt quite right today I don't know what it is, I think I am coming down with post match blues after last nights debacle of a match on the once mighty reds part. First ten minutes everything going to plan, lots of attacking flowing football and then Barcelona get one break and we were done for, the plan had gone wrong, their goal was not supposed to happen it wasn't in the script and then in the second half they go and do it again by the smallest man on the pitch at 2 feet tall rises above everybody else to score a superb header. The Catalans deserved the win and all the glory and my lot, well lets start all over again!

Next week are off for a few days away camping here. Not been camping since before The Terror was born, but the kids wanted to go so we have decided finances just about allow us to go this year, with the Australian trip coming up as well. The forecast for the first few days is looking good with the temperatures expected to hit a mighty mark of 24C on Monday. I have a nice bottle of malt set aside for enjoying in the evenings when the kids have gone to bed or i can just sneak off and enjoy it anyway. Just got to pick up a few items before going, like more tent pegs to keep us down as I don't want to be flying over the Peak District, if the wind picks up.

8 comments:

  1. I thought of you when I saw that ManU lost. I'm sorry, but there will be other matches.

    Research the New Orleans Saints (american) football team...we fans are looooong suffering (only division championships, cannot even manage a playoff victory.) this has been since the team was born in the 1960s. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camping in England? Isn't that tempting fate just a little bit? One of my boys loves Man U. I will be seeing him today....and offering the shoulder for the weeping. Not to mention a full run down of the match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time camping - 24 degrees sounds heavenly. It's 8 here right now :-(
    Have a wee dram for me, I need it to warm up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the malt! And there is always next year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed the pics of your destination. Hope the weather holds for you. Take plenty of malt...just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy that drink Mr Stu. I think I may be over camping, houseboating makes life to comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like decent camping weather. Is it real camping or, what's the name of the places, Butlin's?

    Thought of you when I heard ManU lost to FC Barcelona. Not much you can say about second place-one can always look back and see where something executed differently wins the game.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the camping, Hope it all goes well and if all else fails, enjoy the malt!

    ReplyDelete